The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle is a collection of crime/detective mystery stories. Originally published in 1983, this bundled edition collects eleven of the best Sherlock Holmes adventures. Conan Doyle’ stories of this worldly famous British private detective (investigator) have been considered classic literary works.
List of stories included in The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle:
- The Adventure of Silver Blaze
- The Adventure of the Yellow Face
- The Adventure of the Stockbroker’s Clerk
- The Adventure of the Gloria Scott
- The Adventure of the Musgrave Ritual
- The Adventure of the Reigate Squire
- The Adventure of the Crooked Man
- The Adventure of the Resident Patient
- The Adventure of the Greek Interpreter
- The Adventure of the Naval Treaty
- The Final Problem
This book is followed by another collection (13 stories) entitled The Return of Sherlock Holmes.
Cover and Details of The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle (PDF)
- Title: The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
- Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Date Published: October 28, 1993
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0192123092
- ISBN-13: 9780192123091
Summary of the Book
Boasting some of Sherlock Holmes’s finest adventures, this classic 1894 collection was originally written in serial form. Eleven of the most popular tales of the immortal sleuth include “Silver Blaze,” concerning the “curious incident of the dog in the night-time”; “The Greek Interpreter,” starring Holmes’s even more formidable brother, Mycroft; and “The Final Problem,” the detective’s notorious confrontation with arch-criminal Moriarty at the Reichenbach Falls.
Holmes and Dr. Watson remain history’s greatest detective team, and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s portrayals of male comradeship, the thrills of the chase, and the misty precincts of Victorian London remains unmatched in detective literature.
Reviews of The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
Well this was enjoyable! Having never read any Sherlock stories I was unsure what to expect going in to this, but I was duly entertained! From reading classics lately that are very different from what I assumed (I’m looking at you, Frankenstein!), I was pleasantly surprised that Sherlock is exactly what you think he will be.
I am definitely willing to pick up more Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in the future! (by Cori Reed, goodreads.com)
Links To Download the eBook pdf File
Use the links below to download The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle PDF:
Some tips if you cannot access the file hosting sites above because they are blocked:
- Try using proxy services. (Search for "proxy" in Google.)
- Use add-ons for your browser. (Search for "chrome addons proxy" or "firefox add ons proxy.)
- Changing the DNS setting in your Internet Properties.