The Giving Tree is a touching and inspiring picture book by Shel Silverstein. Although aimed mainly for children, the book will suite all ages very well.
So begins a story of unforgettable perception, beautifully written and illustrated by the gifted and versatile Shel Silverstein. Every day the boy would come to the tree to eat her apples, swing from her branches, or slide down her trunk…and the tree was happy. But as the boy grew older he began to want more from the tree, and the tree gave and gave and gave. This is a tender story, touched with sadness, aglow with consolation. Shel Silverstein has created a moving parable for readers of all ages that offers an affecting interpretation of the gift of giving and a serene acceptance of another’s capacity to love in return.
- Title: The Giving Tree
- Author: Shel Silverstein
- Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
- Date Published: 1964-10-07
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0060256656
- ISBN-13: 9780060256654
To learn on How To Download the eBook PDF files, check this post.
Some tips if you cannot access the file hosting sites above because they are blocked:
- Try using proxy services. (Search for "proxy" in Google.)
- Use add-ons for your browser. (Search for "chrome addons proxy" or "firefox add ons proxy.)
- Changing the DNS setting in your Internet Properties.