For those who want to join the revolutionary cryptocurrency, Mastering Mastering Bitcoin by Andreas M Antonopoulos offers a great starting point. Bitcoin mining is one of the most radical and most influential trends in the digital era. It can be an extremely lucrative field for those who understand how things work in cryptocurrency and how to exploit them. Although mostly intended for more advanced coders/programmers, the book also provides basic and fundamental explanation for new comers in Bitcoin.
Read about the potential of Bitcoin (or other cryptocurrencies) as a new system of money in David Birch’s enlightening book Before Babylon, Beyond Bitcoin.
Cover and Details of Mastering Bitcoin by Andreas M Antonopoulos (PDF)
- Title: Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain
- Author: Andreas M. Antonopoulos
- Publisher: Shroff/O’Reilly
- Date Published: July 1, 2014
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9352135741
- ISBN-13: 9789352135745
Summary of the Book
Join the technological revolution that’s taking the financial world by storm. Mastering Bitcoin by Andreas M. Antonopoulos is your guide through the seemingly complex world of bitcoin, providing the knowledge you need to participate in the internet of money. Whether you’re building the next killer app, investing in a startup, or simply curious about the technology, this revised and expanded second edition provides essential detail to get you started.
Bitcoin, the first successful decentralized digital currency, is still in its early stages and yet it’s already spawned a multi-billion-dollar global economy open to anyone with the knowledge and passion to participate. Mastering Bitcoin provides the knowledge. You simply supply the passion.
The second edition includes:
- A broad introduction of bitcoin and its underlying blockchain-ideal for non-technical users, investors, and business executives.
- An explanation of the technical foundations of bitcoin and cryptographic currencies for developers, engineers, and software and systems architects.
- Details of the bitcoin decentralized network, peer-to-peer architecture, transaction lifecycle, and security principles.
- New developments such as Segregated Witness, Payment Channels, and Lightning Network.
- A deep dive into blockchain applications, including how to combine the building blocks offered by this platform into higher-level applications.
- User stories, analogies, examples, and code snippets illustrating key technical concepts.
Reviews of Mastering Bitcoin: Programming the Open Blockchain
A good overview. I was already quite familiar with the architecture of the Bitcoin system but still picked up quite a few new concepts, terms, and mental models. Especially interesting to me were the sections on transaction structure, standard transaction types, merkle trees, bloom filters, the proof-of-work algorithm in the mining process and hierarchical deterministic wallets. Andreas writes clearly (most of the time) and with a readable cadence. That said, pretty much all the info is available in the official Bitcoin documentation. If you care more about doing and less about reading perhaps you’d rather simply install bitcoin core and start messing around with the documentation by your side. (by Cody Django, goodreads.com)
Links To Download the eBook pdf File
Use the links below to download Mastering Bitcoin by Andreas M Antonopoulos PDF:
Some tips if you cannot access the file hosting sites above because they are blocked:
- Try using proxy services. (Search for "proxy" in Google.)
- Use add-ons for your browser. (Search for "chrome addons proxy" or "firefox add ons proxy.)
- Changing the DNS setting in your Internet Properties.