To-the-point and easy, complete with instructive images, Excel Basics in 30 Minutes by Ian Lamont is a very handy guide to get to know with Microsoft Excel. The book offers valuable tips and tricks for those with limited mastery on the software. For those who never used the Excel, it offers an excellent and solid foundation to master the software.
Cover and Details of Excel Basics in 30 Minutes by Ian Lamont (PDF)
- Title: Excel Basics in 30 Minutes
- Author: Ian Lamont
- Publisher: i30 Media
- Date Published: January 8, 2015
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 9781939924308
Summary of the Book
(From the book’s foreword)
I’m here to tell you that spreadsheets are not just for nerds. Almost anyone can use Excel for work, school, personal projects and other uses. I’ve written this guide to help you quickly get up to speed on basic concepts, using plain English, step-by-step instructions, and lots of screenshots. Thirty minutes from now, you’ll know how to:
- Create a spreadsheet and enter numbers and text into cells.
- Perform addition, multiplication, and other simple mathematical functions.
- Derive values based on percentages.
- Perform timesaving tasks, such as sorting large lists and automatically applying the same formula across a range of values.
- Make great-looking charts.
You can imagine how these techniques can help in real-world situations, from tracking household expenses to making sales projections. You can even use them to organize events, and track the office football pool. We only have 30 minutes, so let’s get started!
Reviews of Excel Basics in 30 Minutes
“I received this book as a goodreads gift and it is very much appreciated. In my job, I have used excel a lot but mostly just basic stuff, nothing too flashy. I have been a SAHM for about three years so I thought this was a great refresher book for someone who hasn’t used it in some time or a great intro to a new user. The screenshots were good and I loved that he also explained a lot of google docs examples as well. I thought this was well done and I would recommend it to others. Great job!“ (by Paula, goodreads.com)
Links To Download the eBook pdf File
Use the links below to download Excel Basics in 30 Minutes by Ian Lamont PDF:
Some tips if you cannot access the file hosting sites above because they are blocked:
- Try using proxy services. (Search for "proxy" in Google.)
- Use add-ons for your browser. (Search for "chrome addons proxy" or "firefox add ons proxy.)
- Changing the DNS setting in your Internet Properties.